Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Understanding Comics

I really enjoyed looking back at this book. I haven't read the entire thing but I love the bits and pieces I've read over time. Comics are really what inspired me to become an artist. Reading Garfield and peanuts really inspired me to do my own little comics. I would draw them all the time in middle school but that's a different story all together.

I don't want to write too much about the scans we read, I have read chapter two god-knows how many times. I never really looked at it through the aspect of design so it was a different experience reading it this time through.

I have to say Scott McCloud is a genius and has a vast knowledge in comics and an extreme talent in being able to explain the nature of comics and design with such clarity. This really has sparked some interest in making my comic again. The premise for the comic was suppose to be music and relationships. It's a little broad so maybe I'll go for it this week. We'll see.
Add Image

No comments: